UAM is a public university located within the Metropolitan Area in the Valley of Mexico. There is a population of over fifty nine thousand students and an academic staff of about three thousand professors. It offers about 82 bachelor degree programs and 112 post-degree programs with a wide range of fields of knowledge. The geographical coverage of the University is organized by means of five venues and a series of cultural facilities distributed throughout Mexico City.
UAM in Europe
Since its beginnings, UAM has established strategic links with different European institutions. Each year, students and professors of the University develop partnerships, periods of study, seminars and other activities over a wide range of disciplines with European universities and research institutes. About 400 UAM’s professors have earned their academic education in a European university or institute, and there currently are more than 90 cooperation agreements in place with an institution in the area. Over the last eight years, more than 900 students in the bachelor and post-degree courses of UAM have spent study periods in European universities. This is evidence of the relevance of the scientific and cultural cooperation between the European Community and UAM.
Background of the cooperation and bridging office in Europe
• Framework Cooperation Agreement between the Government of the United Mexican States and the Government of the French Republic signed in Mexico City on 18th February 1992.
• French-Mexican Memorandum of Understanding signed on 21st October 2004 between the Secretariat of Public Education of the United Mexican States and the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research of the French Republic to form the French-Mexican University Home (by its French acronym MUFRAMEX).
• Framework University and Scientific Cooperation Agreement between the Federal University of Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées of the French Republic, the Metropolitan Autonomous University and the French-Mexican University Home signed in the city of Paris on 13th July 2015.
• Agreement for making facilities available signed between the Federal University of Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées and the French-Mexican University Home (by its French acronym MUFRAMEX) whereby a total area of 117.5 m2 was made available to MUFRAMEX including eight offices and a storage area. Article 4.4 on Lodging of said agreement establishes MUFRAMEX’s vocation to lodge aerials of Mexican institutions on the facilities assigned thereto with the endorsement of the Federal University of Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées.
• On 10th April 2017, an agreement was signed between UAM and MUFRAMEX to enable the installation of a UAM’s cooperation and bridging representation office in Europe.